About Me

My Photo
6060
I am a mom of two. I love amigurumi and colorful yarns. I will try to help you as much as I can if you have questions about plastic safety eyes and noses. Have fun knitting and crocheting!! The HEART behind the Eyes - Clara
View my complete profile

Handpainted Eyes

Handpainted Eyes
Hand Painted Eyes by clara
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A small blue owl and how to choose safety eyes

When I crochet amigurumi, I love different colors, the bolder the better.

This time I used a bright blue color as the body and the other parts I used orange, hot pink and white.

The safety eyes I used 18mm translucent blue. The blackground stitches are white in color, so it didn't affect the translucent blue eyes one bit.

Sometimes when we chose safety eyes for a critter, you don't really need to think what size of eye fits what size of a critter. I suggest to get different sizes of eyes. A new amigurumi crocheter I suggested to use from 9mm to 18mm, black eyes first, then once you get a hold of it, then you can focus with trying different colors.

I know sometimes you will afraid like "Geez.. What am I going to do with neon yellow, neon green? " . Tell you the truth, there is no boundaries with the choices. I always use colors that always clash to each other. For example, orange with green yarns, yellow with bright blue, or even pink with black or brown. Since critters are naturally cute, there is no wrong by using different colors together.

So I say " Build up your confidence and try the bright color yarns, eyes and noses "

*Pattern from the Itsy Bitsy Spider by Karla*

1 comments:

Pia said...

Very cute and funny owl! :D

I just wanted to say thank you; I ordered some eyes and noses (and two purse frames) from you some days ago, and they arrived today. I just learned how to crochet, and I love it! I crocheted an amigurumi-lion and used the stuff I ordered from you, and it turned out great! Really cute! :D I'm on my second lion today now... :p The first one was in natural colors, now I'm using two shades of pink and a purple color. Can't stop making them, it's so much fun! :D

And thank you for the little personal note on your business card, it was just a few words, but it made me smile for the rest of the day! :) I will most definitely order from you again!

Thanks again, and have a nice week! :D

-Pia :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Fav

My Fav
Agne's Artfire Store

stitchnfrog's pattern

theitsybitsyspider's pattern - baby owl