About Me

My Photo
6060
I am a mom of two. I love amigurumi and colorful yarns. I will try to help you as much as I can if you have questions about plastic safety eyes and noses. Have fun knitting and crocheting!! The HEART behind the Eyes - Clara
View my complete profile

Handpainted Eyes

Handpainted Eyes
Hand Painted Eyes by clara
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birthday Present from Agnes


Yesterday I got a very lovely present from my girl friend, Agnes. She sent me this Starbucks thermos travel cup which I really like. I have been trying to lose weight for the last few weeks and this time is for real.

Today morning I stepped on the scale and I lost 10 lbs, my heart and mouth said "yoohoo" at the same time. I haven't been able to lose weight since I gave birth to my second child. I tried to lose weight, but with the stress and busy life, I gave up totally. 3 weeks ago I went to my personal doctor because of the headache I have been having for last 2 years, and my blood pressure was all time high, she ordered me to on diet and lose weight and took the high blood pressure medicine all at once. I was like "uh ho".

In the last 2 weeks, I was trying to take it easy in everything, especially eating, stop myself eating junk food whenever I feel very stressful. It helped a lot. I was hungry at first, then I just trying to drink more tea, or at lunch and dinner I would try to eat more rice and less meat. Finally it did work, and I was so glad.

Now talking about the thermos, in the past I drank 3 cups of coffee each day to keep me running, now I only have a cup, so that cup has to be lasting for a while. By putting my cup of coffee in a thermos cup, I was able to drink it in 2 hours, instead of finishing 1 cup in 15 mins and then went ahead and get a 2nd cup, I have this 1 cup of coffee for 2 hours. It totally helped me to lose weigh, cut down the sugar and milk.

Agnes, a true sweet heart, she heard me that I needed a thermo cup, she bought me another one for my birthday present, and now I can do the exact same thing when I am driving. Indeed, she has been a very lovely friend to have. Thank you Agnes!! (biggggggg huggggggssssssss for my girlfriend).

2 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Nice cup. I take it you love Starbuck's coffee? I love coffee, but not Starbuck's ... it's too bitter for me. I prefer the lighter roasts...but I love coffee/mocha everything: ice cream, candy, yogurt, frosting, you name it...

Congratulations on your weight loss. Seeing that on the scale gives you encouragement, doesn't it? I need to buy a good bathroom scale next month. My old one finally quit working and I need one with big digital numbers so I can see them LOL (I'm near sighted) I have a lot of weight to loose and the first step is to get a scale and then I can try the WW plan again. I have the book and did it before and it worked for me.

Have a wonderful evening and a great week ahead and yes, Happy belated Birthday :-)

Stitch 'n Frog said...

That's a great mug from a delicious company! Love going to Starbucks~ Yummmmm~~~

We are cutting back on bad foods too and while daughter & I have not done well yet, we're still trying. Hubby has done great! And we have done better since switching to low-fat yogurt for our evening snacks.

Sending good wishes to you for - less weight, lower BP, and a healthier happier life in general.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Fav

My Fav
Agne's Artfire Store

stitchnfrog's pattern

theitsybitsyspider's pattern - baby owl