About Me

My Photo
6060
I am a mom of two. I love amigurumi and colorful yarns. I will try to help you as much as I can if you have questions about plastic safety eyes and noses. Have fun knitting and crocheting!! The HEART behind the Eyes - Clara
View my complete profile

Handpainted Eyes

Handpainted Eyes
Hand Painted Eyes by clara
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hubby's Big Hat

Man's Hat by 6060eyes
Man's Hat, a photo by 6060eyes on Flickr.
The other day it was extremely cold, and there were only a few snowflakes. My kids were so happy to go out and played those big snowflakes, although there weren't much. My hubby came home from work, happily to go out with them, pulled out a hat that only cover 2/3 of this head, and went out with them.

20 mins later, they all came back, the kids were fine, they dressed well and the water only got them on the jacket. However, my hubby's hair and beard all filled with tiny snowflakes, all wet. I could tell he needed a big hat to cover his ears, beard, at least most of it anyway.

I searched many patterns, I couldn't find one that is big enough. They all catered to head size 20".  It's not my hubby is fat and big, it's because he has a big head, especially long forehead. My friend Gail surprised me with some patterns, but they were not deep enough.  With the limited yarn choice I have in stash, finally I found this pattern from Suzie. I used a size hook "J", pulled out the dark gray yarn I have, and crochet his big hat.

Man's Hat


Suzie's pattern is designed as beanie hat, but my hubby insisted he needed the edge long enough to fold, so here it is, I finished the whole ball of yarn, 30 rows. WOW!! I never crochet a hat that big!
So now he is happy and I am happy! xoxo

Clara
1/14/12

1 comments:

Stitch 'n Frog said...

I'm so glad you found one that fits and suits! It miserable being out in that kind of cold without a hat, even if you DO have a beard to help keep your face warm~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Fav

My Fav
Agne's Artfire Store

stitchnfrog's pattern

theitsybitsyspider's pattern - baby owl