About Me

My Photo
6060
I am a mom of two. I love amigurumi and colorful yarns. I will try to help you as much as I can if you have questions about plastic safety eyes and noses. Have fun knitting and crocheting!! The HEART behind the Eyes - Clara
View my complete profile

Handpainted Eyes

Handpainted Eyes
Hand Painted Eyes by clara
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wire Headband for my Blythe

I read willynillywaterlily's blog about making a headband by using beads and wire. I really like to make one for my Lily too, but I know nothing about bending wire or working with wire. :D So I went to the store and got crafty wire, it didn't say what gauge it was, I just got it and thought it would be alright. However, it wasn't strong enough to hold the headband down on Lily's head. Then I went to the hardware dept and got myself some thick wire, my hubby said if I couldn't use it, he could (good to know). Thus I got this 20-22 gauge wire and it worked, it bended and stayed on Lily's head. I was happy. :) Because of this little project, it got me interested in the wire beading a little more, therefore, without reading anything, I made more headbands with more beads, well .. at the end I didn't know how to end the wire, so I just made a little loop and called it the end. I went to the library and borrowed a book about wire beading and hopefully I will learn more about this. So far, the headbands weren't too pretty, but I did try.. haha.. I hope I will make more prettier headband in the future for Alla and Lily. :)

4 comments:

willynillywaterlily said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're having trouble with this! Your "tries" came out very pretty, tho! I especially like the figure 8 design headband! So clever!

Tizzalicious said...

They turned out super cute! Well done!

Molli said...

Great job on those headbands! I think they're cute!

If you ever need more wire, just look for necklace-sized memory wire in the craft store and it will work. :)

I think your headbands look great!

Linda (Molli's mom)

willynillywaterlily said...

Aloha Alla,

Tag -- you're it! Come play 7 Random Facts with me. All you have to do is list 7 random facts about you just like I did. I would love to know more about you.

Nevermind the "big people". It's our turn to play.

Hugs,
Loovee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Fav

My Fav
Agne's Artfire Store

stitchnfrog's pattern

theitsybitsyspider's pattern - baby owl